Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lesson of the Day:

   
    Hear the Correction, spread the word: 
                


  As I have said before, we cannot intrinsically know what is or is not modesty because we are women. Yes we can learn, but we will never have a man's mind.
   We need to be open for correction. No, even better, we need to look for correction. Ether way, the subject of modesty needs to be brought up!  Even after studying the issue of modesty, I still find myself being corrected. Modesty cannot be an embarrassing subject. If it is, then girls, we are DOOMED.

 I will be your boost but I cannot be with you every step of the way.    
  So, let someone in on your modesty goals.  
  When the time comes, and you are following all the modesty rules, but the outfit still doesn't feel right (trust me, this time will come),  you will have someone to talk to.       (0= 
                                           
  From experience I will tell you, there is always one more outfit in the closet.
                               
 As you walk this road it will help to have a male influence to help you over the tough spots. When I say "male influence"  I don't mean your Guy friend from youth group.... No I mean your Dad!  Or your Big Brother! Someone you would consider a mentor. I have let my whole family in on my modesty. My mom is really helpful, too.   It might be hard to find a person who will agree with your modesty. I have even heard of a Pastor who said that if we are too modest we are being legalistic...  OBVIOUSLY, I disagree.  It is because of pastors like this that I say we as women need to take a stand. Maybe God has a plan for you that includes standing up for this black and white idea that is not popular.
                                           
                                         
   It’s also good to have another girl to make you feel less, alone. Tell your girlfriends about modesty.  Send them to my blog if it seems hard to explain.  
 Make modesty a TEAM SPORT, spread the word!     If you tell your friends about modesty and it turns out to be a really cool conversation, comment on this blog and tell me how it goes.       
  If I can't be with you every step of the way I will be your backbone. When it starts to get a little hard, come back to this blog.  You are not the only one out there trying to be modest, 
That’s what I’m here for.  That's what your here for! 
Modesty is Confidence!
YOU CAN DO IT!!! 
<3
~Grace~
                                                                              

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! So how do we dress fashionably modest?
    I think there's definitely a way to dress modestly, but still dress in clothes that are right for your body type. Not everyone can fit into the stereotypical modest clothes because we're all shaped differently. Like I can't wear certain shirts b/c they'll make my boobs look even bigger, and I definitely don't want that to happen! I already have issues as it is.
    But what does this look like? Where do you normally shop for clothes or where have you found fashionably modest clothes? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salena, I was reading an article the other day that suggested using scarves as a fun and conservative option for gals who struggle with playing down the chest area. With soooo many ways to wear them and with the availability of colors, patters, & textures available, they are a power accessory for dressing up a casual outfit, or adding just the right twist to your style or mood as well as providing a classy camouflage for your curves :) Hope this helps !!

      Delete
  2. Great Blog, Lady !! :) Knowing you personally, I can say you have an amazing mind for fun and expressive modest fashion. I think you should throw some outfits on and post some pics. It's sometimes hard to know where to start and a few great ideas can open the imagination :) Thank you for perpetuating your great character !!!

    ReplyDelete